I believe everyone has something that they can contribute to the DIY community. From technical knowledge, to mistakes you learned from, to plain old enthusiasm for seeing what other have created. I plan to use this space to present builder profiles. Where we can learn about what motivates them to build, what they have a would like to learn, what building has brought to their lives and learn about where we can find out more.
Questions I am thinking of asking:
Who you are:
- Age, Location (City, State Country)
- What is your relationship to music?
- What is your background?
- What got you started building pedals? When?
- Is there anything else you would like known about you?
About your builds?
- What is your favorite circuit / circuit type?
- What is your favorite build technique?
- What is your favorite way to finish your pedals?
- What build are you most proud of?
- What build did you find most difficult / challenging?
- What would you like to try and build but haven’t yet? (No state secrets of course)
- What do makes your pedals unique?
About Building and the Community:
- What would you have liked to have known when you started? What would you tell yourself if you were starting today?
- Is there anyone in the community that has had an influence on you? A mentor, friend, or community.
- What has the DIY community given to you?
- What contribution do you believe you bring to the community?
- What forums are you on and how are you known?
- Do you have social media you would like people to know about? (Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Reddit, Tiktok, etc.)
- Do you have a website?
- What resources should people know about? (Blogs, pages, etc)
- Favorite place to get parts?
- Favorite place to purchase PCBs?
- Other favorites:
- Find rare NOS
- Get PCBs Manufactured
- Get enclosures, knobs, type of paint, anything really
I know I have probably missed a lot but really anything that you would like others to know.