The Ibanez RG8520 has it all — looks, tone, playability — and then some. Its resonant African mahogany body is capped in beautiful AAA flamed maple. Its Velvetouch-finished 5-piece neck provides a just-right feel, while a J Custom fret edge treatment infuses its bound ebony fingerboard with the ultimate in smooth playability. Experience incredible clarity, power, and fast attack, thanks to the RG8520’s dual DiMarzio Fusion Edge humbuckers. Maintain perfect intonation while bending, twisting, and dive-bombing, courtesy of a Lo-Pro Edge tremolo. Part of Ibanez’s high-end J Custom line, the RG8520 features an eye-grabbing tree of life fingerboard inlay and Cosmo Black hardware.
Incredibly fast J Custom Super Wizard HP neck
Ibanez Wizard necks are thin and built for speed, and they enable effortless playability and comfort. The RG8520 takes that design to the next level with its 5-piece maple/wenge J Custom Super Wizard HP neck. The just-right feel provided by this neck’s Velvetouch finish encourages lightning-fast runs, arpeggios, and hammer-ons. Capping the neck is a 24-fret ebony fingerboard, loaded with jumbo frets that are perfect for big note bends. Beyond that, the RG8520’s frets have been given Ibanez’s J Custom edge treatment, delivering the ultimate in smooth playability.
Sounds clear, powerful, and fast
This instrument sounds mean. A lot of that comes from its two DiMarzio Fusion Edge passive humbucking pickups. The Fusion Edge humbuckers were designed in collaboration with Ibanez to yield clarity, power, and fast attack. This makes them ideal for fast staccato riffing, quick single-note runs, and big, soaring chordal arrangements. And the onboard coil tap switch further adds to the RG8520’s sonic versatility. These pickups are a favorite among high-gain enthusiasts.
Palm muting never felt so good with the Lo-Pro Edge bridge
Whether you palm mute with precision or simply have a wild strumming style, few things are worse than getting hung up on your bridge during a furious performance. Guitar players at Sweetwater all agree the Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge bridge gets out of the way of your playing while still serving up maximum expression and tuning stability. You’ll barely know it’s there, thanks to its streamlined profile and recessed fine tuners. And you’ll have additional tuning stability thanks to the locking studs.
Ibanez RG8520 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Resonant African mahogany body capped in beautiful AAA flamed maple
- 5-piece maple/wenge J Custom Super Wizard HP neck with Velvetouch finish provides a just-right feel
- Bound ebony fingerboard with J Custom fret edge treatment delivers the ultimate in smooth playability
- DiMarzio Fusion humbucking pickups yield clarity, power, and fast attack
- Play expressively while maintaining your tuning stability with the Lo-Pro Edge tremolo
- Eye-grabbing tree of life fingerboard inlay and Cosmo black hardware
- J Custom 5 piece Maple/Wenge Super Wizard HP neck
- AAA Flame maple top
- AAA Matched headstock
- 430mm Radius Flame Maple bound Rosewood fretboard
- Abalone and pearl J Custom vine inlay
- 43mm nut width
- Jumbo frets finished to the highest standard with ball ends
- African Mahogany body
- Countersunk knobs
- Direct mount p/u’s
- Dimarzio Fusion Edge neck p/u
- Dimarzio Fusion Edge bridge p/u
- 3 Way with coil tapping switching [shown below]
- Lo Pro Edge trem
- Cosmo hardware
- SDE - Sodalite [The new Coke]
- Certificate of Authenticity Included
- $3999.99 List price.