As soon as PedalPCB came out with the concept for this PCB I know I wanted to make a window for this pedal. When it arrived and I read the instructions I decided that I would make it an art piece. All the components are twisted to form the spikes on the virus. There is an always on blacklight LED in the pedal and a 10mm green LED to indication when it is active. This thing really glows on a pedalboard.
- I wanted the components to be part of the virus. I need to be sure not to cross any of them up.
- I need to get a vacuum chamber to get all the bubbles out the epoxy before I pour.
- The window is epoxy with plexi-glass backing. I was worried the epoxy would sag over time.
This is all that is left on the correct side of the board. Notice the pots needed to be crossed up because they are mounted on the wrong side. I still used the center pin so that I could hold up the PCB.
- The UV LEDs are always on as long as the pedal is plugged in.
- The indicator LED is a 10mm Green that shines down from the top of the face.
View of Interior
Some different angles of the interior of the pedal.