I like the control I get from this envelope filter. It was a big suprise to me when I finally got to play it. I can get the usual quacky sounds that I am used to, but with the addition of it’s other half and the envelope link you can get all kinds of crazy sounds out of this.
I feel like each Madbean build doc is a little piece of educational material. I really appreciate the time and effort put into the documentation.
- PITCH - Sets the frequency of the swept filter from low to high.
- SMOOTH - Sets the length of the swept filter. CCW is short (“jerky”) and CW is long (“smooth”).
- SQUELCH - Adjusts the resonant peak of the swept filter. CCW is low resonance (“subtle”) and CW is high (“mayhem”).
- SWEEP - Determines the range of the swept filter. CCW is narrow, CW is wide.
- D/U - Determines the direction of the filter. Left is down, right is up.
- ENV Jack - This jack is used to connect to the Gas Tank (bass fuzz) to allow for more dynamic response in the filter when both pedals are used together. More details in the Notes section.