This was just a straight build. A fun high gain pedal and the start of many many Eartquaker Devices builds. I had just stopped working at a music store and was still waiting for a large order of pedals from EQD. I figured I would build the pedals I did not order. Building is like paint by numbers. As long as you follow directions everything works out. This was no exception.
I was still staying in line with copying the look of the original with a little spin. I started searching the web for pictures of talons. I was also starting to play round with Inkscape. Here is the progression of me trying to find a good level of detail to imitate. I learned to use the trace bitmap feature. I do multiple scans with the number of colors I think I will have in my paint pen collection. Usually 8, 12, or 16.
- Treble: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Middle: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Bass: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Presence: Adjusts the top end and upper mids to control the amount of “sizzle” in the dirt. Turn clockwise for a brighter tone, counter clockwise to mellow it out.
- Gain: Preamp volume control. Controls the amount of dirt available, from clean to heavy crunch.
- Level: Master volume control. There is a lot of level on tap, please adjust accordingly.